Dogs are naturally drawn to the sound of balls.
Tennis balls are one of the best options because they will bounce back and forth between your dog’s paws, creating a running game that can last for hours!
These toys are also great for playing fetch.
Tennis balls come in different sizes, but if your dog is more aggressive chewers some tennis balls may be too fragile for them.
Table of Contents
- Quick Picks
- Are tennis balls safe for dogs’ teeth?
- Are tennis balls toxic for dogs?
- Is it okay for dogs to eat tennis ball fuzz?
- Can you use regular tennis balls for dogs?
- How to clean tennis balls for dogs?
- What’s a good alternative to tennis balls for dogs?
- Best Tennis Balls for Dogs
- 1. Tourna Mesh Carry Bag of 18 Tennis Balls
- 2. Hyper Pet Tennis Balls for Dogs - 12 Pack 2.5" (Dog Ball Dog Toys for Exercise, Fetch & Hyper Pet K9 Mini Kannon K2) Interactive Dog Toys & Dog Tennis Balls - Great Dog Toys for Small Dogs & Dog Gifts
- 3. Franklin Pet Supply Squeaky - Ready Set Fetch Dog Toy Tennis Balls with Squeaker - Perfect Pet Toy for Small, Medium + Large Dogs - 3 Pack
- 4. insum Tennis Ball for Dog Pack of 12 Colorful Easy Catching Pet Dog Ball
- 5. ChuckIt! Ultra Ball, Medium (Pack of 2)
- 6. Gamma Bag of Pressureless Tennis Balls - Sturdy & Reuseable Mesh Bag with Drawstring for Easy Transport - Bag-O-Balls (18-Pack of Balls, Yellow)
- 7. Outward Hound Squeaker Ballz Fetch Dog Toy, XS - 4 Pack
- 8. PetSafe Automatic Tennis Ball Launcher – Interactive Dog Ball Thrower – Adjustable Range – Motion Sensor – Indoor & Outdoor Toy – A/C Power or Batteries – Fetch Machine for Small to Large Dogs , Gray
- 9. PUPTECK Squeaky Tennis Ball Dog Toys- 12 PCS Training Balls Bright Yellow Chew Toys for Puppies, Small and Medium Dogs with A Mesh Bag
- 10. Dog Tennis Balls by Woof Sports - 12 Orange Tennis Balls for Dogs. Easy to Find! Includes Carrying Bag. Medium Size Balls Fits Standard Ball Launchers
- Summary: Top Dog Tennis Balls in 2021
Best tennis ball for dogs without fuzz
Best tennis ball that dogs that chew (balls they can’t chew up & destroy)
Best mini tennis ball for puppies
Best Giant/Jumbo tennis ball for dogs
Best glow in the dark tennis ball for dogs
Are tennis balls safe for dogs’ teeth?
Tennis balls are not as durable as rubber toys, but they will give your pooch a safe chewing option.
Depending on the product, they could damage their gums and teeth if left unsupervised with the ball.
So you should never leave your dog alone with a tennis ball or other toy that may have sharp edges or splinters unless you trust the tennis ball brand.
Are tennis balls toxic for dogs?
Dogs should only play with tennis balls that are made for them and not be left alone with one because they could pose a choking hazard.
They also must avoid playing fetch with used balls, which could have germs and bacteria from grass or dirt.
Tennis balls often contain lead in the production process, so if your dog eats a tennis ball you need to take them to the vet immediately.
If your dog is a chewer, they will also quickly remove any kind of fuzz from a tennis ball.
Even if the outside is rubber-coated, there could still be lead on the inside that can cause health issues or poisoning for your pet.
Is it okay for dogs to eat tennis ball fuzz?
Before you let your dog play with a tennis ball, make sure it is not one of the ones that are contained with fuzz.
Many companies add this for aesthetic purposes, but it can cause blockages or obstructions in your dog’s digestive tract.
If your pet ingests too much fuzz from a tennis ball, they may need surgery to remove the blockage.
So keep an eye on them if they lick or chew a tennis ball, and avoid giving them one with any kind of fuzz until you know how much they can handle.
If your dog damages a tennis ball before it has been chewed into pieces, take away the toy immediately.
Can you use regular tennis balls for dogs?
If you do not want to buy a specific ball for your pooch, regular tennis balls will work great to play fetch with. Just make sure they’re not chewing off the fuzz. Also, never leave your dog unsupervised with a regular tennis ball because it could get stuck in their throat or intestines.
How to clean tennis balls for dogs?
Regularly clean your dog’s tennis balls to prevent any buildup that can be dangerous.
You need to give them a bath after playing with the ball because those who have been licking and chewing on it will ingest some of the bacteria that has accumulated.
Just place all of their toys in a sink or bucket full of hot, soapy water.
Make sure the ball is not one with fuzzy inside, because you should never use a brush on toys that have this coating.
If your dog has any kind of reaction to their toy, like sneezing or coughing, make them go outside until they are all dry.
This will also prevent bacteria from growing inside of their toy.
What’s a good alternative to tennis balls for dogs?
Some good alternatives to tennis balls for dogs include really any type of dog-friendly toy ball that bounces and is chew-friendly (like rubber and indestructible balls).
Best Tennis Balls for Dogs
- REUSABLE MESH CARRY BAG. Tourna balls come in a convenient reusable and closeable mesh bag for easy transport and storage.
- TOURNA PRESSURLESS BALLS NEVER LOSE THEIR BOUNCE. Regular tennis balls go flat over time, even if you don’t use them. These balls will have the same consistent bounce for the life of the ball.
- DURABLE! Not all tennis balls are created equal. The extra durable felt on the TOURNA Pressurless tennis balls lasts a long time. Ideal for tennis ball machines, tennis practice, or even playing with your pets.
- REGULATION SIZE AND BOUNCE. TOURNA tennis balls are regulation size and bounce to regulation height. Many pressureless balls are smaller than a regular ball. Play and practice with confidence on all surfaces with Tourna Pressureless Tennis Balls.
- 18 HIGH QUALITY PRESSURLESS BALLS PER MESH BAG
2. Hyper Pet Tennis Balls for Dogs - 12 Pack 2.5" (Dog Ball Dog Toys for Exercise, Fetch & Hyper Pet K9 Mini Kannon K2) Interactive Dog Toys & Dog Tennis Balls - Great Dog Toys for Small Dogs & Dog Gifts
- PERFECT DOG BALLS FOR EXERCISE AND TRAINING: Hyper Pets bag of tennis balls are a fun, safe choice for dogs at all stages of life.
- INTERACTIVE DOG TOYS IN BRIGHT COLORS: These dog balls come in a multiple number of bright fun colors such as orange, pink, and green which make them easy to locate in bushes, water, leaves, and grass.
- SAFE FOR YOUR DOG: Feel confident about playtime, our Hyper Pet tennis balls for dogs are non-toxic and use a non-abrasive felt coating that is safe for your dog's teeth. Perfect bulk tennis balls for dog gifts.
- DOG BALLS DESIGNED FOR INTERACTIVE PLAY: Our interactive dog toy tennis balls for dogs are not only designed to help you have fun with your furry canine friend playing fetch they float too! These Hyper Pet balls are not intended to be used as a chew toy....
- WORKS WITH BALL LAUNCHERS: Perfect companion to our Hyper Pet K9 Kannon K2 Ball Launcher and Hyper Pet Throw-N-Go Dog Ball Launchers (Search Hyper Pet K9 Kannon K2 Ball Launcher or Hyper Pet Throw-N-Go Ball Launcher). Also compatible with most automatic...
3. Franklin Pet Supply Squeaky - Ready Set Fetch Dog Toy Tennis Balls with Squeaker - Perfect Pet Toy for Small, Medium + Large Dogs - 3 Pack
- Tough and durable: built to last No matter how much slobber or dirt your dog puts it through
- Encourages play: squeeze the ball to get their attention and let them play fetch
- High-visibility color: the neon Color is ideal for the dog’s visual spectrum and is easy to spot during outdoor play
- Floats in water: hollow core allows this ball to float on water
- Launcher compatible: same size as a standard tennis ball. Fits our ready-set-fetch launcher and competitor launchers
- SGS-Non Toxic Test:PASS for compliance with the European standard on Safety of toys.
- Rubber compound,hard wearing needle felt balls,great for backyard games,ideally allow dog running,fetching, training and recreational use.
- 12 Standard Size Ball in Multi Colors Pack:4 different prevalent colours,make your pet enjoying catching and running.
- Rebound of 110-125cm free from 254cm,less bounce than standard tennis ball,but a bit higher than all other listings on pet tennis ball category.After interviewing thousands of pet lovers,our production team created out that unique bounce formula to allow...
- Reusable Mesh Carry Bag-Comes with a reusable mesh bag with sliding drawstring cord lock closure.Take it and Retrieve the balls conveniently.
- ULTRA BOUNCE BALL: This ball toy for dogs entices play withhigh impact bouncing Play fetch at the lake or pool thanks to the lightweight, buoyant design. Compatible with Chuckit, ball launcher
- TOUGH and DURABLE: Rubber ball for dogs has a textured surface and a thick rubber core for aggressive chewers yet is soft on dog's mouths
- PET TOYS: Get ready for bonding and fun with your dogs and cats. Check out a variety of our pet toy products such as frisbees, perches and mirrors for birds, prey wand toys for cats, plush toys, light-up interactive toys and more
- CHUCKIT FETCH TOYS: Chuckit creates toys that enrich the human-animal bond and bright colors help dogs and puppies stay engaged. Checkout Chuckit for ball launchers, bouncy balls, frisbees, indoor dog toys, glow toys and more
- JUST FOR PETS: Petmate makes a variety of pet products for dogs, cats, chickens and other small friends Check out our brands such as Aspen Pet, Arm and Hammer, Booda, Chuckit , Jackson Galaxy and more
6. Gamma Bag of Pressureless Tennis Balls - Sturdy & Reuseable Mesh Bag with Drawstring for Easy Transport - Bag-O-Balls (18-Pack of Balls, Yellow)
- PRESSURELESS BALLS-MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE: Our Tennis ball mesh bag contains pressureless tennis balls that won't lose any pressure over time, providing you with consistent performance and durability, unlike standard pressurized balls that will lose pressure...
- IDEAL FOR TENNIS PRACTICE: Pressureless tennis balls are highly popular among teaching pros & tutors, as well as avid players as they are highly durable and can be used in all kinds of lessons & practice. Plus, they're also ideal to use with ball...
- HIGH CONSISTENCY ON ALL COURT TYPES: The great versatility of pressureless balls allows them to be used on any type of courts, hard or soft, without any issues. This makes them ideal for teaching and will allow you to enjoy your tennis sessions on any...
- REUSABLE TENNIS BALL MESH BAG: The reusable Bag-o-Balls will come in very handy when you want to transport your tennis balls. Our durable mesh bag is the perfectly convenient way to carry up to 18 tennis balls around.
- THE IDEAL SPORTS GIFT: There's nothing better than a practical gift of high quality! Our bag of tennis balls can be a great gateway to tennis for any family, a great tool for a pro tennis teacher, the ideal way to have fun anywhere and even play with your...
- A SQUEAKY, FUN FETCH TOY: The Squeaker Ballz by Outward Hound combine your dog's two favorites, a tennis ball and a squeaky toy, into one exciting fetch toy!
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR FUN: The Squeaker Ballz multi-pack comes with a variety of bright colors that are highly visible and a great option for both indoor and outdoor fun. Pair with a launcher to extend playtime and give your pup the exercise they crave!
- MULTIPLE SIZES FOR ALL BREEDS: Squeaker Ballz come in portable mesh bags in packs of 2, 4, 6, & 8 with multiple sizes ranging from XS to Large. XS Squeaker Ballz are only intended for dogs under 25 lbs.
- PREMIUM RUBBER FOR SUPERIOR BOUNCE: Squeaker Ballz are designed with traditional tennis felt with a colorful flair and high quality rubber for long-lasting fun that doesn't end flat.
- PLAY IT SAFE: No toy is indestructible. Do not leave toys with unsupervised pets. Remove and replace toy if damaged.
8. PetSafe Automatic Tennis Ball Launcher – Interactive Dog Ball Thrower – Adjustable Range – Motion Sensor – Indoor & Outdoor Toy – A/C Power or Batteries – Fetch Machine for Small to Large Dogs , Gray
- SAFETY: Multiple sensors keep you and your dog safe; a FRONT MOTION SENSOR protects pets and people standing up to 7 feet in front of the launch area and reinforces safely loading balls into the side pocket
- DISTANCE: Launcher throws between 8-30 feet; has 9 distance settings and 6 angle settings; pull out and twist angle knob and distance knob to adjust the launcher’s range; TURN KNOBS LEFT FOR MAX DISTANCE
- PAUSE: The Automatic Ball Launcher features a 15 minute rest interval after 15 minutes of play; the rest period ensures dogs aren’t playing past the point of exhaustion
- OPTIONS: The PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher can be used both indoors and outside to entertain and exercise your dogs; begin use outdoors as an introduction; use the included power cord or 6 D cell batteries (not included); water-resistant
- FLEXIBILITY: The PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher works best with standard size tennis balls 2 5/8” in diameter but can be used with smaller tennis-type balls; up to 3 balls can be loaded at a time
9. PUPTECK Squeaky Tennis Ball Dog Toys- 12 PCS Training Balls Bright Yellow Chew Toys for Puppies, Small and Medium Dogs with A Mesh Bag
- 🐶Size: The diameter of these balls is 2.75in, suitable for small and medium-sized dogs. A total of 12 packs, super cost-effective, with super high-cost performance. When it is accidentally lost, you don't need to buy it separately.
- 🐶Yellow: These balls are bright fluorescent yellow, very dazzling, can attract the dog's attention, and at the same time, can be easily found when playing, whether it is outdoors or at home.
- 🐶Material: The toy ball is made of natural non-toxic materials. When the dog bites and chews, it will not endanger the life safety of the dog. The sanded texture can also help clean the mouth and exercise the chewing ability.
- 🐶Sound Device: There is a sound generating device in each ball. When the dog bites the ball, it will make a sound, which adds a lot of fun to the dog toy and will attract the dog's attention, to transfer the attention from other items in the house to...
- 🐶For Fun: This toy ball has superelasticity, whether it is on the carpet at home or on the outdoor grass, it can bounce well, making the dog chase it. We can play interactive games with the dog, which not only enhances the relationship between you and...
10. Dog Tennis Balls by Woof Sports - 12 Orange Tennis Balls for Dogs. Easy to Find! Includes Carrying Bag. Medium Size Balls Fits Standard Ball Launchers
- DURABILITY - We increased the thickness of our dog tennis balls by 15% to provide more durability. Please be aware that all tennis balls are prone to tearing if used by an aggressive chewing dog.
- BRIGHT ORANGE - The bright, all-orange color that is much easier to locate in bushes and grass than the standard green tennis ball color.
- CONTROLLED BOUNCE - Even with the increased thickness, these balls provide enough bounce to allow a dog to get under the ball for a mid-air catch but less bounce than a regular tennis ball which reduces the chances of balls bouncing down the street and...
- SIZE - These are regular sized pet tennis balls which fit regular sized-ball launchers.
- FETCHING & TRAINING - A dozen balls is perfect for fetching and training since lost balls, even all-orange balls, are inevitable!
Summary: Top Dog Tennis Balls in 2021
How much are tennis balls for dogs?
Tennis balls can be bought at any pet store, big box stores like Walmart or Target, and online through Amazon. The price may vary based on the brand, quantity, size of the ball, etc., but you should have no problem finding a good deal.
How do I clean a tennis ball for my dog?
If you do not like the idea of giving your pet's toys a bath, placing them in the dishwasher works too. Just be sure to put them on the top rack and allow their toy to air dry completely before giving it back.
Is it safe for dogs to chew tennis balls?
As long as your dog is not destroying the toy, there should be no issue with them chewing on it. However, because dogs can be destructive chewers it would be best to give them balls that are made specifically for their mouth.